Saturday, May 1, 2010

May Day


I remember a interesting May Day many years ago when we were living in Ohio. It was late afternoon and time for all my kids to be home from school. Suddenly my front door bell rang, which hardly ever happened. I opened the door to find 3 beautiful May baskets hanging on my door knob. The baskets were filled with the most beautiful tulips. Of course I was so thrilled and then I heard my three young daughters giggling around the corner of the house and knew where the baskets had come from.


Suddenly my phone rang and it was my next door neighbor and she was not happy. Seems everyone of her beautiful tulips had disappeared from her yard. This was not so good, but I sure do remember it and always will. So a belated thanks for the tulips and the memories girls. Just don't do it again, OK!!

No comments: